• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I have been contacted by someone who knows a programmer outside the MorphOS community that may be interested in attempting a port of Libre Office to MorphOS3.x.

I know that in the past members here have pointed out that programmers who are not familiar with AmigaOS3.x, or MorphOS3.x, would have too high of a learning curve to make it practical for them to attempt porting software to MorphOS3.x, so most discussion about outside programmers doing any software development for MorphOS3.x has been dismissed as only talk and pipe dreams.

If some of the MorphOS programmers here could give me some specific list of reasons why Libre Office has not already been ported to MorphOS3.x, I will forward the list to this potential outside programmer (who is touted as being very talented), so we can have a discussion about the feasibility of him attempting such a project.

I am willing to donate one of my very capable MorphOS computers with a registration license for MorphOS3.1 to this potential programmer, but only if I can be assured that there is at least a slight chance that he will succeed in such an ambitious project.

It is my belief that such a project will take more than one programmer, so if this idea does bear any fruit and become an actual project, I would imagine that a bounty would be created, and hopefully more than one programmer will join together with who ever starts the programming project, and work as a team to complete this Office port which MorphOS3.x badly needs.

[ Edited by amigadave 29.01.2013 - 14:00 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »29.01.13 - 21:58