• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I am glad to see someone else is actually "on the same page" metaphorically, and literally - apologies, but the pun was intended. ;-)

A dedicated office suite would make this OS more of a serious contender for more people to consider it rather than having to go "outside" to create a document of whatever kind as MOS doesn't have anything recent that is good enough to speak of.

I have tried Cinnamon Writer, and it just doesn't do "what it says on the tin" additionally the author, Claus Desler, who I have spoken to, seems to have been very quiet of recent, with no updates than the initial release - which was basically useless.

Carsten Siegner, author of Calimero. has been very active, and seems recently to have been trying to improve Calimero, and some of his other programs, but Calimero is definitely a "Work-In-Progress" as there are lots of issues with it not behaving stably - well not when I have used it, and I have reported it back to him, but he is currently, as far as I am aware, still working on fixing the issues, and does regularly improve it with new features.

I use Pagestream a lot, now that it is working, though that was after some initial issues with getting it to work (no text or fonts issue - which many users seem to have had this trouble), and that is my mainstay for documents using MorphOS, as most, if not all, of the other older "Legacy" 'office' software has issues that make them troublesome, and cause me to side-step them for most documents. GUI in Final Writer does not initiate correctly, and WordWorth does not print out to USBPAR device, as far as I am aware, and I get very poor results, if any, with Turboprint.

I haven't had any issues recently with printing on MorphOS, with my HP 2500 colour laserjet, as it supports PostScript, and Zukow's Beta Printing (USBPAR device) system works very well. Though I would clearly like to see it finished and incorporated into MorphOS, as it is fiddly having to install it manually after each MOS update, but it seems it is most of the way to being completed, as far as I can tell, though some additions like zoom printing, preview printing, booklet (multi-page) printing, etc. would make it a really great feature of MorphOS.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »12.05.15 - 02:06