• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    SteveE617
    I did have four PM G5s, two of which ended up not being 100% health wise. Now, I have two G5s, one dedicated MOS 3.4 machine and the other configured as an OSX 10.5.8 machine. I also have a Mac Mini G4 1.42 machine.

The learning curve for Eric would be pretty steep. He's never done anything with Amiga or anything Amiga-like. He knows nothing about MUI and that would be a steep curve for him as well. I think he got discouraged due to the fact that he would be starting from square one with something completely new to him...not the standard coding that he does on an everyday basis.

Myself, I'm not a programmer. I'm a reliability engineer. I look at failures and analyze the what, where, when and why it failed type stuff. So, I really would be no help at a port besides the overall reliability of a product and the going through testability and finding problems and ascertaining a root cause.

Personally, I think this would be a great project. I would love to see it happen and I'd like to help out with it, but looking back when we started this, it may have been a little to advantageous for Eric to handle given what would have been involved.

Steve

[ Edited by SteveE617 13.02.2014 - 09:28 ]
    Steve E, BSOE, MIS
    PowerMac G5 | Dual 2.0 Ghz | 2 GB | 32GB CF | 9800XT
    AmigaOne x5000 | 8 GB | 1TB | Radeon 7770HD
  • »13.02.14 - 16:24