Playing 720p in MPlayer on Mac mini 1.25->1.5GHz
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

aurora72 wrote:
    Thanks for the info. Just one more question: There's a 1.67GHz Powerbook for sale, it's in mint condition and quite cheap.

Here are the specs: 1.67GHz PowerPC, 167MHz System Bus, 2GB DDR RAM, 1440*900 dıilt-in display, 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9700.

What if I buy it; would it play 720p movies without those issues that we encounter in Mac mini G4's ?

If you ever do any MorphOS computing while away from your home, I would suggest buying that 1.67GHz PB, even if you just store it for later use, or to sell to another MorphOS user if you decide you never need a portable MorphOS system. Specially if it is in mint condition as you say, they are great systems for running our current version of MorphOS.

I prefer the Hi Res 1680x1050 17" model, but many people prefer the smaller and lighter 15" G4 PowerBook models.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »02.07.16 - 18:46
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Finally got around to test this: it seems to be a problem with MPlayer 1.1. With the latest 1.0 I don't get the same out of sync problems. I need to test it more to be sure though.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »05.07.16 - 13:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    I spoke too soon. There is a sync problem. I have tried every GUI setting but after some 5 minutes the sync problems is always noticable. I tried using the same video with other players on other OS's and it works fine, including MPlayer for Linux. It's also not a CPU problem as it never passes 70% CPU load (it usually lingers around 35%). So there should be no technical reason for it to occur.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »06.07.16 - 12:27
    Profile Visit Website