Strange behaviour Yam or MUI
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Tomo
    a week ago I was talking with my wife and at the same I was answering some emails with YAM. Well, I will never do that again (Two things together)! Suddenly YAM shrinked to 1/6 of the wide of the screen. I can still change the height of the bottom, I can still move the main pane over the screen (1920 x 1080) but I can't change the width of the main pane of YAM. I can still open emails and change width and hight of all the other windows of YAM, but not the main pane. I tried to change settings in YAM but no luck.
    It jumped to this width while typing and answering my wife (it seems very dangerous to do that) . Did I type in a forbidden shortcut? I don't know......

Regards Tom
  • »16.01.13 - 22:29
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    no I don't think it's because you talked with your wife ;-)

I had this but it got fixed, it was a bug in YAM not in MUI. Use the latest 2.8 of YAM http://yam.ch/downloads and it shouldn't happen anymore. Otherwise you can contact the YAM developers and submit a bug report.

Regards
    Christoph
  • »17.01.13 - 05:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Tomo
    I even tried YAM2.9 but no luck, the same strange behaviour!
    I never had this before (I'm an old Amiga-user and i'm using YAM for years and years). I even tried an old backup (YAM2.4p) but it has now the same behaviour. I will contact the YAM-developers..... The strange thing is that it is only the opening (main)-window of YAM. All the other windows in YAM are working fine.

Regards Tom
  • »17.01.13 - 09:44
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    You could try deleting/temporarily renaming env:mui/yam1.prefs (or whatever it is called, should be obvious) if it's an MUI problem. That will reset all MUI prefs associated with that program to the global MUI defaults. If that works delte the envarc: equivalent to make it permanent.

[ Edited by boot_wb 17.01.2013 - 10:32 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »17.01.13 - 10:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Tomo
    I tried your advice but it it did'nt help so I assume it is no MUI-related problem.

Regards ,Tom

edit: I've tried again but it seems to work now!. I will reboot with the ENVARC: MUI-settings deleted also. It looks promising. I'm wondering why it didn't work before, but if it is working normal again I will be happy!!!

Regards Tom
    (and thank you for your advice!!)

[ Bewerkt door Tomo 17.01.2013 - 13:19 ]
  • »17.01.13 - 12:13