Snapshotting not working for other partitions.
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Yoo!

For some reason snapshotting a window will not work on my other partitions that I created. The only ones that snapshot right are System, Boot, Ram Disk, and My MorphOS. I have MorphOS 3.1 installed. I notice when you snapshot the main window for the ones that do snapshot, it will "redraw" quickly, and it worked. For my other two partitions, that doesn't happen, and it never snapshots right for both windows or icons. Just places the window towards the bottom-right side of my screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »15.09.12 - 06:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    Check if these partitions have "disk.info" file in their main folders.
  • »15.09.12 - 09:10
    Profile Visit Website
    Doffo
    Good idea! I will do that when I come back home and connect back my MOS machine.
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »15.09.12 - 17:11
    Profile Visit Website
    boot_wb
    One limitation is you won't be able to snapshot HFS+ partitions in place since they are read-only.

It is possible, but requires snapshotting another (writeable) partition in place, then copying that disk.info onto the root of the HFS+ partition under OSX. When you reboot into MorphOS the two drive icons may be trying to occupy the same spot (can't remember tbh) - just move the writeable one somewhere else and snapshot it in place... a bit nasty, but it works if you really need it.

Imho it's easier to just remove HFS+ partitions from the desktop - for the occasional need to access that partition it's still available through My MorphOS. (Personally I have no fixed hard drive icons on Ambient desktop at all anymore: double click for My MorphOS is cleaner, and removeable media are the only drives that show up - a useful differentiation).
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »15.09.12 - 19:21
    Profile Visit Website
    Doffo
    I don't have any HFS+ partitions on my MDD. They were SFS ones for MOS. Just found it strange it didn't create disk.info already, but I will try it here in awhile.
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »15.09.12 - 22:49
    Profile Visit Website
    Doffo
    Copying over disk.info from System to my other SFS partitions worked great! Now it will snapshot correct. Figured after you made partitions and formatted them, it would of made disk.info, but I guess not. Thanks for the help. 8-)
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »15.09.12 - 23:18
    Profile Visit Website