DOSBox on MOS info or readme?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    From a quick search here on MZ there are no recent discussions about DOSBox. The archive has no MOS specific Readme. I'm sure there are things I should know before jumping in? What works, what doesn't? MOS specific concerns?
  • »20.08.12 - 03:57
    hooligan
    Doubt you will run into any big trouble.. if it is possible to run Win95 on Playstation 3 with it, I am quite sure MOS-port works just as good :)

You may have to experiment with CYCLE values if it feels too slow, at least I had to with PS3 port.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »20.08.12 - 04:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Yeah, I jumped right in using standard configuration options and it seems to work well. I should be good to go overall with maybe some specific questions down the road.
  • »20.08.12 - 04:28
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    hooligan,
    Quote:

You may have to experiment with CYCLE values if it feels too slow, at least I had to with PS3 port.

I'll do that. I installed the game Blood and it works good, but a tad slow in 320x200. I'd think with a 2Ghz processor it could play Blood... pretty cool to see it load up and play :-)

Any other tweak suggestions?
  • »21.08.12 - 04:51
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    The DOSBox site has a very good compatiblity list:

http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?letter=a

Also, DOSBox on x86 is using some kind of dynamic translations, so more
    demanding games run generally faster even on slow PCs, SVGA games as an example.
  • »21.08.12 - 07:01
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    analogkid,

That is a good site indeed!

Yeah DOSBox on my PC is much faster, which I guess should be expected. I prefer use my MOS system for DOSBox, but if I need more horsepower I can use my PC.

I haven't used other PC emulators for Amiga/MorphOS in years. I assume DOSBox is the fastest and most compatible for MorphOS? How does PCTask fair on MOS? BOCHS? Just curious, it has been years since I tried these.
  • »21.08.12 - 19:15
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    What is the trick to get Win95 working? I took a working Win95 hardfile from my PC DOSBox and tried it on MOS. It starts to boot and I get the splash screen, but after a minute the color bar at the bottom stops scrolling and it stops loading. If I go into safe mode it loads fine.

Thoughts?
  • »27.08.12 - 04:31