CAD software for MorphOS?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Are there any CAD software for MorphOS that can open DWG files? It doesn't have to be MorphOS specific, just compatible.

Fat chance?
  • »15.12.11 - 02:56
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Not sure how well, or even IF it will run on MorphOS, but Cycas CAD was what I last used on the Amiga 68k systems and it was probably the best I found and was still being developed when I was using it several years ago. I doubt that it is still being developed and I think it is now a free download from Aminet. I can't remember the last version number that I had, but I had purchased it and was using it for a while.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »15.12.11 - 03:04
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Pretty sure Dynacad ran under MOS. I don't know what files it works with. I will dig it out of archives and take a look this weekend.
  • »15.12.11 - 03:56
    hooligan
    Notice also, the version of DWG-format has bumbed up quite a few times during past years, currently at version DWG10. 2000/LT-format is still in wide use so your program should at least support that.

These days there are online 3d-modellingsoftware so you might might find online dwg-viewers too
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »15.12.11 - 05:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    DYNACAD does run under MOS. I quickly looked to see if it mention DWG, and I couldn't find any reference.

I loaded a few drawings and played in preferences, and it seem to be bullet proof under MOS 2.7.

If you want more info, let me know.
  • »15.12.11 - 15:26
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    @redrumloa: Blender 2.58 on MorphOS is able to import .DXF autocad files, but not .DWG. Is it possible for your to convert them? Becarfull dxf specifications are not fully supported also. There are many others formats more supported by Blender, but you'll need to convert your files.
    And now... next project!
  • »15.12.11 - 16:17
    Profile Visit Website