About scout utility
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _ThEcRoW
    Hello, i noticed that when checking some parts of scout, the application simply crash. I know that it is trying to access the custom chips inexistant under the mac hehe, but, wasn't there some sort of emulation layer for those hardware, in the form of simply telling the app, it's there, and for nothing more, in order to avoid the crash?.
    I remember seeing chipram being emulated under morphos. Just a tought and in no way a request for programmers involved in MorphOS, simply i got curious about it.
    Especially i notice it crashes on system inpection, trying to check the cias.
    Other that that, it's a cool app that lets me to kill the eventually app crash and such.
    Cheers!!!

P.D: Do anyone know the name of an app, that like sbar, displays current hardware on top of the ambient screen?.
    I mean, like processor, memory and such, along with the cpugauge sbar plugin. I remember to see one system shot
    that was using something similar.
    Mac Mini G4 1,4ghz 1gb ram & MorphOS 3.11
  • »03.12.11 - 14:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Do anyone know the name of an app, that like sbar, displays current hardware
    > on top of the ambient screen?. I mean, like processor, memory and such, along
    > with the cpugauge sbar plugin.

It may be this:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6362&forum=3&start=1
  • »03.12.11 - 15:49
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    There is nothing wrong in Scout, it works just perfectly. It is just that when we made last Scout release years ago I screwed up MorphOS build and it crashes at some points.

There is MorphOS native identify.library so it wont try to access inexistant custom chips but it is not really a problem there.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »03.12.11 - 20:16