Picture catalog
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Hi, I would often need to do a picture catalog in pdf format, e. g. from all pictures which are in an directory. Each picture should have the picture name added, as well as the size and date. Is there any solution in MorphOS to do this in an easy way?

Thanks for feed-back.
  • »26.09.11 - 06:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Some HTML gallery creator -> OWB -> Save as PDF?
  • »26.09.11 - 07:33
    Profile Visit Website
    Stevo
    As for a HTML gallery generator, might I suggest Gallerius?

http://www.tbs-software.com/stefkos/gallerius.html
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »26.09.11 - 17:03
  • rms
    rms
    jacadcaps,
    Quote:

Some HTML gallery creator -> OWB -> Save as PDF?

Yes why not an html gallery generator, but why not ShowGirls which has already an album function, it would need an supplementary export pdf function as well as some simple layout possibilities, like the desired paper size for the pdf, and page margins, e. g. A4; how many columns and rows of pictures per page, e. g. 2 accross and 4 down; a maring of 10 mm each side, etc. IMO such a feature would be very handy for most users, as today people take a lot of pictures with digital cameras and such a feture would permit to create a picture catalog of the content of a drawer...
    About OWB, I think it's to limited in regard to the pdf page size, margins, etc... (or I don't know how to change these...)

stevo,
    Quote:

As for a HTML gallery generator, might I suggest Gallerius?

Well Gallerius could be used though I'm missing some important features for me and that's why I still have to use the HTML Album-creator in fxPaint. In Gallerius it seems not possible to create an header as well as a footer file, neither to use a custom skin for the gallery background (I use a special skin in fxPaint with my logo), neither does Gallerius permit to create a slideshow with a delay. And also IMO the thumbnail scaled images should be in a kind of "bounding box". If the image is higher then wide then the hight should be the defined one but a portion of width is empty (buh, I don't know if this is understandable...) Well if really someone wants to know, send me an e-mail and I make some screengrabs. Perhaps adding such features wouln't be to much work and could be done, that would be great!

Regards

Christoph
  • »27.09.11 - 12:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    stefkos
    You should get PM soon...
  • »27.09.11 - 13:44
    Profile Visit Website