• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @serge & other MorphOS developers,

Regarding your post about software that is not hard to port to MorphOS, but is very boring and too time consuming for most good MorphOS programmers (I added words after the "boring" part), I think there are beginning programmers like myself that would be willing to do a lot of the boring programming work, under the guidance of 2 or 3 more experienced programmers. If such a project, like the porting of any good word processing program, were started and organized by one or more experienced programmers, maybe a few (or many) beginning to intermediate programmers could sign up to help complete the easier ("boring") parts of the software port to MorphOS, while the one or more experienced MorphOS programmers did the more difficult work and spot checked the work of the less experienced programmers working on the project.

That might be one way to share the work load of larger software projects for MorphOS, and get some of them completed that might otherwise look too large and daunting for any one developer to tackle.

Maybe such a suggestion has already been made, and no one was willing to participate, or no experienced programmers want to be involved in something that could become a confused mess and take up too much of their time doing just the organization and code checking of the less experienced programmers?
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »16.02.12 - 04:17