• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
    Sad, one more project going to the trash :-(

Unfortunatly, we (MorphOS users) don't have an efficient Word Processor.

People speaking about FinalWriter, WordWorth and other old 68k word processors don't use them this is why they think it should be a solution on this old programs.

PageStream IS NOT A WORD PROCESSOR !!! and you can't do with it a real editing work.

Papyrus was a sort of solution but it never was finished: one more for trash !

All Online solutions are nice for little projects but not for all people.
    Unfortunatly, googldocs, zoowriter and others don't work on offline mode with OWB.
    People wanting to write, edit with next PowerBooks will need to be connected and then his interest will be very restricted.

Unfortunatly, OWB crashes when loading a big Word Document over 200 pages. It goes in to out of memory and crash.

I write books and can't use Online Editors with OWB (AmigaOS4/MorphOS).

About X11 stuff, there's lot of confusion.

Yes Old 68 Xami is faster than AmycignX but it can't run Abiword because it needs to be ported.
    It seems (about a MorphOS dev) porting Abiword is not a complicated task but a very very boring task ! There's lot of work and it is not just a compilation.

At this time, the only Amiga system able to edit Word documents properly is AmigaOS4 with his slow X11 solution.

I don't ask to get a nice and fast Word processor, juste a usable one.

Carsten Siegner is working on an OpenDocument Viewer.

Carsten, If you read me, do you plane to use this work to do later an editor?
    this should be THE solution. I like a lot your work done on MagicalInk.

[ Edited by serge 15.02.2012 - 08:38 ]
  • »15.02.12 - 08:35