• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Thanks for the added clarification cecilia.

It would have been nice if the later resellers of IFX4.5 Studio had provided a download link to a revised install script which would use the later (finished?) text hook file, and had provided a written explanation such as you have just provided.

Your help and info is greatly appreciated and I understand that the original developers did the best they could at the time the IFX4.5 Studio CD was mastered.
    Thank you very much.

If I had a magic wand I would have prevented real life and time interfering with people in the Amiga community from just getting Stuff Done Right. Unfortunately, I am not Superman.

Years after the Studio CD was finished and finally OS4 was available a friend had an AmigaOne for me to play around with. I knew people had trouble installing IFX Studio on their A-one's so I set out to see if I could shed light on this.

I realized that a new install script HAD to be re-written and not being a programmer I really wasn't qualified to do it. But I set out to at least identify the areas in the script that were problematic for OS4. I wrote an article which I gave to people who had trouble with their installs. eventually this came into the hands of people who could rewrite the install script and a new install script was place on OS4Depot.

All This took a long time because, frankly, everyone was just doing their work whenever they could. In fact without the very existence of the Internet it probably would never have occurred at all.

I tell this story to indicate how people are still attempting to correct issues long after a product has been out. That seems to be the way we have to to things in Amiga-Land.

And, of course, when possible, I and others answer questions on the IFX user group

I can tell you that IFX4.5 is the most bug free version of IFX available - esp on MOS. It seemed to me that many of the crashes on my original Amiga 2000 using the text hook was mostly lack of memory. Something that just isn't an issue even on the lowliest peg. :-)

or using WinUAE / AmigaForever which I also did most of my beta testing on.

The point of my little story is that the ONLY way we can solve our problems is if we talk to each other. Anyone who knows me knows I have no "preferences". I am not in any "camp". I love all things Amiga-related. I don't play politics. I am a member here and have been for many years. I'm a member on Amiga.org and Amigaworld. I avoid any and all threads related to fighting and the "I'm better than you, neener, neener" childish nonsense.

When I find a topic I think I may be able to help with, I speak up. I suspect that if most people did that we would all be better off and possibly farther ahead. Just a guess, tho. ;-)

but most importantly, I hope the original poster has solved his problem and has a functioning IFX program.
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »11.03.11 - 13:04
    Profile Visit Website