• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

cecilia wrote:
    doesn't anyone fully examine stuff they buy anymore?? :-D

If an effort was made by the developers and distributors of IFX Studio 4.5 to make it run on MorphOS & PPC, why wasn't more effort on their part made to get it to install correctly and run without so much trouble?

I know that running IFX4.5 on PPC, or MorphOS was not the primary intended target,
    MOS WAS the intended target as at the time that was THE ONLY new Amiga-like OS around. OS4 had not yet surfaced.

and it DOES install correctly. I tested it myself. As did other beta testers.

It correctly places libs and other system files in the NON-MOS folders (leaving the main system files to operate correctly while allowing IFX to play nicely).
    Of course If the user installs 2 versions of IFX that will invariably confuse the system. And the developer has no control over user error.

Let me remind everyone that I am NOT the developer, I am one of the beta testers and have no monetary gain from this product. I DO, however, know the person who altered the install script and he's no slouch.

The install script installs the basic setup just fine. The user can decide if he or she wishes to install the PPC files.

and the YUV files that sometimes cause problems do so on other systems besides MOS.

I suspect the install script did not install the newest text hook because we beta testers were working on that right up to the last minute. Sorry, but we are only human. Is it really that hard to copy a file?

Let's not forget how small this community is. I'm one of the few people who can even answer these questions. And it's not like I'm sitting around doing nothing. I do the best I can.

I'm am more than happy to help people out as best I can. Honestly.

But I feel the need to set the record straight.
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »11.03.11 - 00:31
    Profile Visit Website