• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

cecilia wrote:
    doesn't anyone fully examine stuff they buy anymore?? :-D

If an effort was made by the developers and distributors of IFX Studio 4.5 to make it run on MorphOS & PPC, why wasn't more effort on their part made to get it to install correctly and run without so much trouble?

I know some Amiga users like to "tinker" with their systems and software, but there is a difference between having the ability to adjust and mess around with your system and software, and having it install and run as it should without having to trouble shoot and fix mistakes made by the software developers & distributors. Specially if the mistakes and problems are not well documented in the software distribution with paper, or pdf (amigaguide, or ASCII text) files, provided with the CDROM, or floppy disks.

I know that running IFX4.5 on PPC, or MorphOS was not the primary intended target, but if the developers, or distributors went to the trouble of including the files needed to run on PPC, and/or MorphOS, then they should have spent the little extra time & effort to write a trouble free installer script, or at least documented the steps needed to fix the installation.

Bad installation scripts are a "pet peeve" of mine I guess, and too common in our small niche community.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »10.03.11 - 21:16