Backspace or highlight delete in url address
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    xyphoid
    Anyone else notice that when you leave your system on overnight 24hrs or so, particularly if owb is up, that backspace no longer works on the browser, nor does the delete. So to type in the address if a mistake was made, you have to highlight then type, as delete also fails. This doesn't affect text though in text input as in this forum. It also affects renaming a file on ambient. Can't just backspace to where you need or delete the highlighted area. Once a reset is done everything is fine again. what is causing this?

[ Edited by xyphoid on 2010/12/18 9:53 ]
  • »18.12.10 - 04:17
    xyphoid
    put this out a while back, but something is up with my ambient.
    In addition to previous post, I can't right click to create new drawer as in create in ram, yet if I click above the window as it highlights, I then can select it under view on main screen. Backspace nor delete the highlighted unnamed works, so I have to key in or space. It's no longer necessarily an over night issue either. mem perhaps? not sure, just that I was running mame alot though ram indicates 747megs currently. browser search field also affected.
    Any ideas? sys chech of some sort?
  • »23.01.11 - 05:51
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    i often leave my system run overnight and i always have an owb running with always 10+ tabs opened and never ever experienced such an issue (and im famous to have weird issues :)

what i could think of is to replace your whole mossys: with an original from the latest iso (you could even check the dirs!files by hand for any difference but i guess it would take more time than an overwrite).

also check for every 3rd party component in your system esp. regarding to ambient and mui then disable/remove them one by one to find the guilty (if theres any). look for the famous problematic mcc classes to see if you might have a not suitable one (afaik the latest ones from the xy.mcc Open Source Team are included, but i havent touched any mcc stuff since a long time ago since i've got a said-to-be-reliable-and-working mcc pack from a trusted dev, so i dont remember exactly what could cause problems (maybe nllist and co.?).

you can always run memtest to check if your ram is ok, just to be sure.
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »23.01.11 - 13:48
    Profile Visit Website
    xyphoid
    Was following on the chat room, #Morphos but what you say about a class may be the culprit, but I was hoping someone else experienced it too. It's not memory, nor overnight time up. It seems to be involved with having a few applications going in use or used during the time up (i generally run mame, mplayer, and owb). Whatever files are responsible for highlight/textinput on ambient and in system seems likely. I hate tampering with mossys, so I will hold off bit.
    right click memu (delete,rename copy,ect) no action, but top menubar on ambient screen icon tap right click all opts work :-?

[ Edited by xyphoid on 2011/1/23 14:36 ]
  • »23.01.11 - 19:11
    xyphoid
    ok so i tried to reproduce, and it doesn't happen when mplayer is up, playing along side browsing with owb, (up time 3days), but as soon as owb, mplayer(streaming) and begin mame, then go back to owb or ambient, it happens again.

[ Edited by xyphoid on 2011/1/28 20:22 ]
  • »28.01.11 - 22:20
    xyphoid
    So I figurred out what was causing this awhile back, and it had nothing to do with owb, mplayer, or mame, but everything
    to do with the conteoller. apparently if the fire button is pressed regardless if using or not it creates these issues. It is a logitech rumble wireless
    controller which is connected to port 0. I only bring this up again because I was interested if anyone by now experienced it?
  • »02.01.12 - 17:36