bittorrent
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Are there any fairly easy to use bittorrent packages available for MorpgOS that work well?
    I'm pretty spoiled by the available software under Windows and Linux.
    So far, I've found a few MorphOS packages, but all have involved using MUI during instillation and their speed and reliability leave something to be desired.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »11.11.10 - 20:30
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    I use a combination of MLDonkey via the OWB (web interface), and enqueuetorrent (link to both) for downloading torrent-seeded files (more or less) invisibly.
    It's all that you'd expect of a good client, such as uTorrent, but without the flashy updating graphs, and a bit less polished.

I have found that the web user interface locks up occasionally (quite possibly some configuration error on my part which I've yet to track down) but it's always possible to ctrl+c via the console to close it down and restart the core.

It works for me, although I do have to remember to check file sizes so as not to try downloading a 13G B file to an SFS partition.

[ Edited by boot_wb on 2010/11/11 21:51 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »11.11.10 - 21:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Man once and for all CAN WE PLEASE GET A MODERN BITTORRENT CLIENT WITH GUI? Why is this so hard?
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »12.11.10 - 01:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    i also use mldonkey and in all its glory its far more useful than utorrent (not to mention polished) and by itself its far more than just a bittorrent client.
    i advise anyone who are not pleased with its web interface to try to activate the advanced gui for it (the green one) asit has all options, progress bar, anything you just want to have from a p2p client (and more:)
    the only problem now i have is the mentioned occasionaly lock ups by the client side (of course traffic stops as well). i've found that if i use access the net with owb while mldonkey is active then its almost certain that it wil lock. if i dont touch owb it will staying alive longer if not to the last:) using other net apps doesnt seem to affect mldonkey, amirc does not for sure and afair nor does ib. i guess the problem is that its interface runs inside owb and somehow they doesnt work well together.
    im still using 2.9.5 duh, maybe newer 3.x releases doesnt have this issue.
    but anyway its really a very nice solution for getting torrents (and/or files from donkey, dc+, etc... networks at the same time!). just be careful with the maximum upload limit, as it cant dl faster than the 4x of the UL, unless its 50kb/s (the maximum) when you can set it as large as you want. i only know this because i had 20kb/s dl speed at max with mldonkey for months when i realized that the upload limit has been set to 5kb/s somehow (not by me for sure! something must have reset it or dunno) therefore DL was 20kb/s at max:) now it flies again.
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »12.11.10 - 03:25
    Profile Visit Website