OWB and response time?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Hi

I've noticed that most of the time when I'm opening some pages in OWB loading is very slow. But when I click at the end of the url and press enter to load again then it loads page quickly and with no problem at all.

Would that be OWB or ethernet driver problem? I can add that I have no problems with my internet connection under Win7 or OSX on the same PowerMac as MorphOS is.
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »23.10.10 - 00:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    First you'd have to describe "very slow". Does it stay very long in a connecting state, or does it connect but operate at very slow transfer speeds?

I'm not getting that here on any of my machines, so it's most likely dependant on network configuration/preference/software.

[ Edited by Fab on 2010/10/23 17:36 ]
  • »23.10.10 - 01:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _ThEcRoW
    Win7 on a powermac???
    Mac Mini G4 1,4ghz 1gb ram & MorphOS 3.11
  • »23.10.10 - 14:02
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> Win7 or OSX on the same PowerMac as MorphOS is.

> Win7 on a powermac???

I guess it should read as:

(Win7 [on whatever]) or (OSX on the same PowerMac as MorphOS is).
  • »23.10.10 - 14:21
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Fab it is connecting but downloading content very slow, page stays white. After I hit enter again on url it loads with normal speed.

So probably as you said it's more network related than OWB (but i'd say it's a sungem driver)..

One more thing: I copied some text into a clipboard. After that I copied url link form OWB and tried to paste that to mail made at gmail.com, but no joy - it still copies a text instead of url. Is there any chance to correct that or is it gmail.com related?

Thanks, ps. how is form autofilling doing :D sorry i couldn't resist ;)

TheCrow: yes, that was my mistake but I have to try one day to run win7 through virtualpc on osx ;)
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »23.10.10 - 20:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kickstart
    @pampers

I have a very similar feeling browsing with morphos, in my case a macmini.
  • »23.10.10 - 21:31
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @pampers

No idea about your network slowness.

Regarding pasting, i've explained that in some other thread on mz (if someone can find it again). But the essential was that there are 2 clipboards in owb (one for normal text and one for rich text content). Once rich-text content was copied (for instance by copying some text in googledocs/gmail), it will be used in pasting ops until it's cleared/replaced, and the problem is a system clipboard copy won't clear it (i'd have to implement some system-wide clipboard snooping to do that, which is a bit overkill). So, as a workaround to clear that rich text content clipboard, you need to copy some random (simple) text inside an owb webpage. Then you can copy and paste your system clipboard again in the gmail editor.

[ Edited by Fab on 2010/10/24 1:29 ]
  • »24.10.10 - 00:28
    Profile Visit Website