• Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @boot_wb

1. It's not supposed to be fixed in 1.9 but in next version (assuming i got it right :)).

3. First, do you refer to a logged in state or not? If it's in a logged in state, it might greatly vary depending on your "Wall" content. :)

I'll assume it was not the case, and i made the test when not connected (on 3 different MorphOS machines):
    - It always takes 7-8s to load after starting browser. Stopping/Refreshing page doesn't change anything here. Of course, once it has been loaded once, refresh is much faster, since there's a page cache in OWB.

Anyway, during your 35s wait, check the connections: if they're in "connecting" mode (red led) for a very long time, it's clearly not OWB's responsability anymore. A red led means there hasn't been an answer to the HTTP request yet (because the site is still being resolved, or the TCP connection is not established yet, or that the server didn't send the HTTP response).

For fun, i tried with ibrowse, and it took 6s most of the time, except once, where it took 30s (the first connection stayed more than 20s in DNS resolution state). To be noted Ibrowse doesn't even load all the resources (like css, some pictures, ...), so it should be faster than that, compared to OWB.

So, as you can see, it's not easy to make an opinion on this, considering all the external factors (TCP stack, LAN, router, router->ISP, ...).

@xyphoid

If a fresh copy of OWB doesn't show any issue, it's clearly related to a big database overhead somewhere, and i would still bet on webpageicons.db that tend to grow quite a lot (and it's not purged, atm).

@sadddam

Fine, but it still doesn't happen here on my 3 machines, no matter how hard i try. I'll even try at work when i can, to test a different network (which will likely be faster than my home crappy access, anyway).
  • »06.10.10 - 14:25
    Profile Visit Website