• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Quote:

Fab wrote:
    1. The progress bar stuff is really what webkit reports (so any weird size it could report is not my imagination :)). Now there was some case where progress bar wouldn't match the current active page, but i think it's fixed since.

OK, good to know it's not just OWB. Still happens here though.

Quote:

2. The zoom factor across webpages has been fixed by webkit recently. Next version (or the one after, depends) should have that fix.

Excellent, will look forward to that. Since I'm now using MorphOS as media centre (and don't want a 640x480-style screen), I find myself using this feature a lot.

Quote:

3. Facebook isn't noticably slow, here. It's even quite faster since 1.9, actually, thanks to the fixed element scrolling optimization in webkit: before, if there was a fixed element in the page, like the facebook status panel, any scroll operation would trigger a full redraw instead of just scrolling+redrawing the new displayed area. But that's not the case anymore.

Once it has loaded for the first time in a session, there is no speed issue at all, and I did not mean to imply that there was. This is just the first time the page is loaded in a session.

Quote:

Now about your loading speed issue, it might rather be related to a network connectivity issue (some people experience random performance with mac mini ethernet driver).

No, it's 100% reproducable. I would not waste your time with a report otherwise. Please try yourself:

Case 1:
    > Restart browser.
    > load www.facebook.com and leave to load in its own time
    This case will probably take around 35 seconds until the page is rendered.

Case 2:
    > Restart browser.
    > load www.facebook.com and 'stop' the page loading almost immediately (eg after 2 seconds).
    > Refresh page.
    This case will probably take around 8 seconds until the page is rendered.

Seems I'm not the only one to notice this either.
    I'll try to make note of other websites where this is the case, see if it points to a common cause.

Best Regards

Rich
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »06.10.10 - 11:26
    Profile Visit Website