• Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    1. The progress bar stuff is really what webkit reports (so any weird size it could report is not my imagination :)). Now there was some case where progress bar wouldn't match the current active page, but i think it's fixed since.

2. The zoom factor across webpages has been fixed by webkit recently. Next version (or the one after, depends) should have that fix.

3. Facebook isn't noticably slow, here. It's even quite faster since 1.9, actually, thanks to the fixed element scrolling optimization in webkit: before, if there was a fixed element in the page, like the facebook status panel, any scroll operation would trigger a full redraw instead of just scrolling+redrawing the new displayed area. But that's not the case anymore.

Now about your loading speed issue, it might rather be related to a network connectivity issue (some people experience random performance with mac mini ethernet driver).

@amigadave

I still work on OWB (as much as my free time allows me). I also released OWB 1.4 as opensource in august 2009. I released 1.9 sources too because i was asked. But apparently, it wasn't very useful so far. :)
  • »06.10.10 - 00:23
    Profile Visit Website