• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Three things I've come across, and have been meaning to mention:

1) Progress bar seems to indicate the file-size for the previously loaded page.
    This is especially noticeable when attempting to load a null webpage (ie where no file size is returned from the request, such as when MorphZone.org is down). A suitable amusing example of a null page to test with is www.amiga.com ;-)

The progress bar indicates that 0b of xxxkb has been received (it should indicate 0b of 0b received, or 0b of unknown size received), where xxxkb is presumably the size of the previously-loaded page.

When moving to another page after a null page has been loaded (eg clicking on a bookmarked link), the progress bar indicates (initally) that 0b of 0b has been received (ie the size of the previous null page).

2) Zooming issue ('View'/'Zoom in' or 'zoom out') - the magnification variable is maintained, but the magnification itself is not maintained between pages.
    Example: with a page 'zoomed in', navigate to another page. The new page is displayed at standard resolution (ie not zoomed).
    Now select 'view'/'zoom in' - the page does not zoom from standard resolution, but instead magnifies to the previous level of magnification +1 (variable is stored, but not used in initial page rendering).

3) Slow rendering of certain pages (CSS issue?)
    Particularly noticeable on facebook.
    If I navigate to www.facebook.com, the page can take around 35 seconds to display (according to the network activity box, this is whilst loading a couple of css files).
    If, however, I navigate to www.facebook.com, then immediately stop the page from loading, then refresh - the page displays almost instantly.
    Wee-eird, dude!

@Fab - Hope this is helpful in isolating a couple of bugs for you.

And thanks for your continuedd support - OWB remains my most used browser (although for this post, I am using FF).

btw - being able to spoof as IPad is a genius move - I have it set as default (everything which can use html5/mp4 rather than flash now does so by default ;-) ) and only disable it when I need certain tools (eg facebook chat).

Best Regards

Rich

[ Edited by boot_wb on 2010/10/5 15:02 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »05.10.10 - 13:48
    Profile Visit Website