I have only 8 clicks on MZ
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    After each click on MorphZone I can see in OWB 1.9 Network Activity window a new connection to http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js hanging for ever.
    After 8 clicks I have the OWB slot of active connections full of google hanging connections (red lamps) and I have to restart OWB.
    Is it bacause there is something wrong wit JS support in OWB 1.9?
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »09.09.10 - 17:10
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Rather something wrong with your network. From your place, it seems this google analytics host can't be resolved and your DNS server takes its time to answer, hence the pending connections. You can always send a break-c to the "Curl resolver thread" tasks to interrupt these resolutions, but the issue is clearly in your network/ISP, anyway.

[ Edited by Fab on 2010/9/9 18:18 ]
  • »09.09.10 - 17:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Recently I swaped my xDSL Linksys router, which seemd to be dead with an used no-name one. Can it be because of that no-name router?

• »09.09.10 - 21:28
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    I have absolutely no idea. But you can try to download separately this google-analytics url, and also with an external program like wget or ibrowse or whatever. If it also fails, it's clearly a network issue (your dns server, i'd assume).

A easy but obviously silly workaround is to add google-analytics.com host to your hosts in prefs->network and map for instance to 127.0.0.1. That way it shouldn't bother you too much. :)
  • »09.09.10 - 22:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    I have my fixed Linksys back :D and all previous problems gone. I was bacause crappy no-name cable router.
    Thanks Fab for your advices. Had no idea how to get rid of that pending connections in OWB. Aborting them in OWB wasn't possible. Thanks to your advice about TaskManager and BreakC I have stand the hard time :)

• »11.09.10 - 09:33