• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    boot_wb,
    Quote:

"RAmiga + ." works on my Powerbook (UK keymap) to arrange them into alphabetical order. That is the .> key on the main keyboard, not the numeric keypad.

Is this 'CleanUp' shortcut keypress shown somewhere in the MorphOS / Ambient settings?

OK, tried that, and your correct Right Command (Amiga) + '.' does CleanUp the window, BUT when I snapshot the window, they are all jumbled up by MorphOS into some other order ..... weird or what !!

But it seems it's all related to if the folder has or hasn't got a PNG Icon.

That goes for the System window, which after CleanUp is sorted into an alphanumeric list, and nicely levelled for each icon, for each row, and column, but as soon as I Snapshot the icons they all go off into some 'disorder' of the system's making, so that on the top line I get Applications, next to MorphOS, which is positioned slightly higher than the Applications folder, and then comes the Classes folder, which sits at the same height as the Applications folder.

I should mention that I have the autosort feature of Ambient turnned off (false - as you suggested I should try) when I did this, but with it turned back on in the default, with autostart commented out ';' (semicolon) before autosort then when I snapshot the window after CleanUp then they all are correctly positioned, but for folders that don't have an icon you cannot snapshot the size of the window and the icons as you would like as the window opens to the default window size as set in Ambient Settings, so the governing factor here is that you MUST have an icon to be able to set/position where and what size the window will look like when you double-click on it with non-browser mode.

So I have had to ensure I have an icon for all my system folders for me to be able to save them in the position I want them to open in, and at the size/dimensions I would like to keep them in, so for Fonts I have the window set to open in List view, with the window size opening close to the left hand edge of the screen, and just large enough to see all the relevant wording associated with all the fonts in the folder.

That way I can easily look through the fonts drawer to see which fonts I have or don't have on my system.

I know this is not absolutely necessary, but it makes it easier for me who's just migrated some of my applications, files from Amiga OS3.9, but as PageStream does not seem to be working on MorphOS at present on my Mac Mini I am more than a little disappointed - at present, though I hope this issue for one is resolved soon.

[ Edited by NewSense 13.11.2012 - 19:04 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »13.11.12 - 19:02