• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Krashan,
    Quote:

Are you sure the icon for the edited file really existed? If no, it is obvious that any changes cannot be saved.

That seems to have been the case, and I have since saved it with a PNG icon, and it remembers the changes now, so that's a bit more understood. :-)

Quote:

or just copy another icon that you wanted it to inherit with the copy command via the CLI/Shell

I suppose I could do that, but at least I have a couple of options now, I just couldn't figure it out properly, and didn't want to mess things up more than just going at it by trial and error :-)

Quote:

No. Just make sure the drawer you are snapshotting has a real icon. Shapshot settings are stored in icon, the same as in AmigaOS 3.9.

Noted

Quote:

There are cycle gadgets in each ambient window for fast switching between icon/list view and between showing all files or icons only. It can be also snapshotted for any drawer having an icon + it can be set globally for non-snapshotted window.

I got another option from another helpful user boot_wb (THANKS) who let me know there are Ambient Settings for customising the keyboard so you can setup showing ALL files with just a keypress, so I have now adjusted my show ALL files to Right Command '=', and toggle list or icon view to Right Command '-' which is similar to how I have it on my Amiga on WB 3.9.

I just need to find a keypress combination to allow me to snapshot all the files in a window once I have got them all shown.

So I don't need to keep doing it, or as I have set the default view to 'thumbnails' will that show ALL files INCLUDING Thumbnails in every folder with or without an ICON, or will it only show ALL the files in folders if they have got an ICON?

By the way, thanks to all of you who have replied to my messages, as most of them have been really helpful, and I'd really like to learn more about the finer details of MorphOS, as there is obviously more to it than I had realised so far, but more than likely wouldn't have realised, unless I was shown by other better informed users, once again THANKS :-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »12.11.12 - 03:13