• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    NewSense,
    Quote:

What a mess to have to load an external program to 'fudge' an icon into being, instead of having a dedicated utility within the framework of an OS to be able to modify easily an icon that you want to be able to utilise for other purposes, rather than maybe have to totally design your own, and ensure you create it in the correct format/size.

Since we have moved upwards from "standard" 4 color icons (which still work on MorphOS btw), the expectations people have for the look of icons has risen considerably, thus more complex image / icon editor needed: Sketch.

As for "right size", there never was one. Well, I guess width and height both have to be at least 1, and perhaps max size is int_max or whatever :-)

But hey, at least we've (mostly) got rid of issues of operating system running on displays with different pixel ratios (icons designed for hires laced on hires screen, ugh...)
    Quote:

Why would you want to delete an icon under normal circumstances?

As we were discussing file info window (which you said should add icon automatically)

Compared to "old Amiga times" (3.1 without any external patches), various filetypes are now automatically opened in correct programs when double clicked.

Now if I created an icon to one such file I'd:
    1)End up with a directory with some "data" files having icons and the rest not. Can be confusing.
    2)Lose "icon preview" for image / video file.
    3)End up having totally non-uniform look for the icon (compared to other similar files) if I ever changed the default icon.
    4)"Lock" the current double click default action (so it would behave different from similar iconless files when double clicked)

As for "show all", try lamiga-keypad 8. Can be changed from the prefs, as said earlier.
  • »12.11.12 - 00:42
    Profile Visit Website