OWB 1.8 issues
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    Many of the improvements of OWB 1.8 work great (YouTube full window!). But I've noticed some strange errors.

No. 1: Google Calendar never loads and eventuall give me an "Error 47: Number of redirects hit maximun amount." Calendar still opens fine in 1.7.

No. 2: Morphzone.org: when I try to click on a topic I get a "400 Bad Request: Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand." The error is in the browser window itself.

Is this releated to cookies? I noticed that my banking site (the last non-functioning one) now works with OWB 1.8, so there's something going on.

TJH
  • »09.06.10 - 14:21
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    First, tell me which cookie system you use (prefs->network: experimental cookies). If it's not checked, better do. The old system isn't really supported anymore.

Regarding your bad request errors, delete conf/cookieCollection.txt (there's also a copy in T: for faster access) and conf/cookieCollection.db if you have experimental cookies enabled.
  • »09.06.10 - 17:03
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    First, I'm using the Experimental Cookie System. It seems like it works so well, it should be called "Stable Cookie System."

Second, both issues have resolved since removing the two files listed above. Thanks!

Sometimes when things start to go a little weird, I would usually delete cookies and empty the cache. Is there a way to do that with OWB?

TJH
  • »10.06.10 - 03:00
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    Oh, wait...

After deleting those files, YouTube is only showing me Flash videos!

I checked my 1.7 install and YouTube is working fine there. And it was working fine before I deleted the cookie files. So where has HTML5 gone?

Travis
  • »10.06.10 - 03:28
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    You could delete selectively some cookies using cookiemanager in windows->cookies (i'll add some search thing to make it easier).

About Youtube/html5, you just need to go again to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and set the html5 cookie.
  • »10.06.10 - 04:15
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    Yes, of course...

Before I posted above I went to my settings at YouTube to try to turn HTML5 back on but coudn't find the setting anywhere.

You must get tired answering these questions constantly!

Travis
  • »10.06.10 - 16:46
  • MorphOS Developer
    Henes
    Specially when all these questions and answers are already written in OWB's readme that nobody reads.
  • »10.06.10 - 18:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    xyphoid
    Can't yet play VEVO
  • »11.06.10 - 00:07
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    What's VEVO?
  • »11.06.10 - 00:46
    Profile Visit Website
    xyphoid
    Sorry Just talking about youtube videos linked to VEVO
  • »11.06.10 - 22:23
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Oh, ok. The flash->HTML5 script doesn't handle channels, indeed. And youtube hasn't implemented/enabled a HTML5 player for these either.

But fixing the userscript to handle them might be possible, i don't know yet.
  • »11.06.10 - 22:51
    Profile Visit Website
    boot_wb
    Hi Fab,

I've been looking at writing a simple script to allow importing bookmarks from Xmarks (formerly Foxmarks) into OWB, and run across a couple of bugs/feature-requests:

1) OWB bookmark panel does not allow scrolling, thus limiting the maximum number of bookmarks which are accessible.
    2) OWB bookmarks does not allow more than one folder level - either through the bookmark manager or through editing the bookmarks.html page. (This makes 1) even more restrictive)
    3) OWB bookmarks menu panel resizes iteself to the longest bookmark name - useful or annoying depending how you look at it I suppose.
    4) It may be preferable to use DL and DT html tags rather than UL and LI (thus allowing DD tags for metadata) with an eye on future development. A simple script can easily do find/replace UL to DL and LI to DT to allow importing of Ibrowse bookmarks.

4) is totally a feature request though, as it would be a move towards firefox compatibility, but probably worth it for allowing metadata.

Aside from these minor issues, the only other item on my wishlist would be a 'display source code in new tab' menu item as an option to the default 'display source code in new window'.
    That's purely my laziness though, as I keep losing track and closing browser windows by mistake. :-/

Thanks for all your hard work and support.

(@Henes - thanks for your post - it made me just go and read the readme file to make sure I wasn't duplicating stuff!)
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »17.06.10 - 18:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    The bookmark original design and parsing is actually not my work, but poly's. :)

1. Yes, scrolling would be needed, and i could even add it like i did in ambient listers, but it's still something that should be done by the list/listtree MUI class itself (maybe in MorphOS 2.6 or later, who knows :)).

2. Indeed, that restriction sucks a bit. When i'm bored enough, i'll see if this limitation can be removed easily.

3. Not here. Note that you can actually enforce the panel width, in a slightly hidden way: conf/misc.prefs and change panelweight key (the value is the percentage of window width). I'll soon switch to a newer balance class and i'll be able to save automatically the balance position.

4. Dunno about that.

By the way, I wrote some quick firefox bookmark importation tool a few months ago, for someone who asked me (flattening at 2 levels, of course): http://fabportnawak.free.fr/import_firefox.lha

usage: import_firefox <some firefox bookmark.html>
    -> will produce a bookmarks.html_owb that you can then rename and use for owb. Maybe i'll add that to OWB itself someday.

About source view, i'll see. In fact, you can view source through a rexx command: address OWB 'OPEN SOURCE') will display currently viewed page source view. I'll probably change a bit that command to choose between new tab/new window, and then, you'll just have to add the command in owb contextmenus configuration. :)
  • »17.06.10 - 19:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    May I suggest a small improvement if possible..
    When I go to eg. Gmail, by using one of my bookmark shortcuts (open in new tab), the first text field on the page is highlighted and the cursor is present there, so its just to type away.
    But since that is the active field you would think that pressing the Tab button on the keyboard will bring the cursor to the next text field. But this does not happen. Instead it seems like its the last pressed bookmark button that is active, and 'Tab' will jump through all the buttons in the interface before it starts to jump between fields on the actual page. I counted 28 'Tab' presses before I made it jump from the username field to password.
    If I use the mouse to activate the username text field, then 'Tab' will work as expected from there.
    Is it possible to make the 'Tab' movement follow the active text field directly, without the need to activate it by mouse first.

Also I have a question about a webpage I cant open properly.
    https://www.norsk-tipping.no/grasrotandelen/grasrot_sok
    This should open a search form, but the page is blank. Its probably using flash, because I tried to remove the flash8 setenv, and then the page will show a big black squere where the form is supposed to be.
    Is this just flash inkompatibility, or is there something I can do to make this page work?
  • »18.06.10 - 09:46
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    There's still a bit of work regarding focus handling, yes. I've tried fixing what you noticed already, but it was a bit tricky. But i'll try again, anyway.

About your page, i don't even get the flash box to display, but it's most likely requiring Flash9/10 to work, yes, so we can't do much about it now.
  • »18.06.10 - 13:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    Here is another page I have problem with, but this is a cookie problem. Whatever I tried, the page gets redirected to a page telling me that I need to enable cookies and how to turn on cookies for different browsers.

The page is a DVD rental page, http://www.lovefilm.no
    Same happens on lovefilm.se or lovefilm.dk
    However, the english and german pages are ok, lovefilm.com or lovefilm.de
  • »18.06.10 - 17:14
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    MaveRickPL
    Hi Fab. In OWB 1.8 i found error. Its copy/paste error in mail web pages
    I check it in mail.yahoo.com and gmail.com

When i writing a mail and i want copy and paste in mail URL from OWB it work only once. Second coped URL it nor work (past in).

It look like that:
    When i open and compose email and when i copy URL from OWB adress and paste in to the email it work. Now i copy some regular text from page and paste in to email it work BUT now when i copy again URL and when i try past it, it paste last coped text (not URL).

Sorry for my bad english :P...

[ Edited by MaveRickPL on 2010/6/18 12:49 ]
    MacMini & MorphOS
  • »18.06.10 - 17:48
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    I see. That's actually related to clipboard rich-content (including colours, layout, ..) handling.

Once you've copied text from a rich-text editor, the rich-content is stored in a difference place than the system clipboard, and is likely used in priority, instead of the text copied from URL, because when you copy the URL address from a MUI gadget (or from any other application), the rich content is not erased, since it's a generic clipboard operation, that has nothing to do with OWB and thus rich-content clipboard data isn't cleared, and is used again and again. In the meanwhile, you can easily work it around by copying URL and pasting it in to subject/cc line, and copying it again from there.

The problem is i don't see a good solution for this problem.

[ Edited by Fab on 2010/6/18 20:21 ]
  • »18.06.10 - 19:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Fab, I imported my bookmarks from FF and rename it to bookmarks.html in OWB folder but OWB won't start then at all. Without it it runs ok but with bookmarks it doesn't. Would you know where the problem is?
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »18.06.10 - 22:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @pampers

No idea. I made that quick tool to work with the firefox bookmark format i was sent, for someone. Maybe it breaks in some conditions or whatever, no idea. This is not really a supported tool. I've just tested again with another bookmark from firefox and it went well too. Just see the resulting bookmark file and see what might be a problem.

[ Edited by Fab on 2010/6/18 23:26 ]
  • »18.06.10 - 22:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Fab, I understand that im importing from html bookmark file from ff? The result file has all the links in
  • which is quite weird to be honest..
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »18.06.10 - 22:29
    Profile Visit Website
    • Fab
    • MorphOS Developer
      Fab
      Nothing weird with that. That's the same format as Ibrowse, basically.
    • »18.06.10 - 23:23
      Profile Visit Website
    • Paladin of the Pegasos
      Paladin of the Pegasos
      pampers
      Yeah I've notices when I did example bookmark file with OWB itself. Weird anyway that imported bookmarks from FF doesn't work..
      MorphOS 3.x
    • »18.06.10 - 23:34
      Profile Visit Website
    • Fab
    • MorphOS Developer
      Fab
      Well, prepare a small firefox bookmark and test it. If it doesn't work, send me.
    • »18.06.10 - 23:35
      Profile Visit Website
      Acolyte of the Butterfly
      Travis_H
      Thanks for all the help so far. Playing around with Google Voice settings sometimes sends me to a blank screen. I can't tell if this is because it's loading up something not supported by OWB, or if it's actually a problem. Can you take a look?

TJH
    • »19.06.10 - 14:36