gmail, only in basic html?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    I can log into and read my emails in the gmail standard view, but as soon as I do something that requires an update to gmail (opening an unread mail, replying ,archiving, deleting etc.), then I get an error message in the heading "sorry there is a problem in the system #500, will try again in xx seconds".

If I select use basic html, it works.
    This is not a big problem, because all the functions I normally use in gmail are available in the basic interface. But I really want to know if this is a limitation in OWB 1.7, or if it is just my setup. Maybe I have some wrong settings or something.
  • »25.05.10 - 13:43
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    It works just fine, but you need to enable the new cookie system (which is default now, though).
    So go to OWB settings->network and enable "experimental cookies".
  • »25.05.10 - 14:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yes that fixed it :)
    I was using the "setenv OWB_EXPERIMENTAL_COOKIES 1" in user-startup so I thought it was enabled already.
    Apearently I did not read the updated readme well enaugh.

Just to be sure, this means that I can delete that entry from user-startup, right?
  • »25.05.10 - 14:48
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    Yes, that ENV variable was moved to regular settings, so it's not needed anymore.

Oh, and just for information, there was no need to put that in user-startup before, you could just have used setenv save <blah> to make the change reset-proof (save option saves to envarc: as well).
  • »25.05.10 - 15:21
    Profile Visit Website