OWB Sessions ?
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    osco
    What are they?
    I usually open two tabs with Youtube as one running in the background playing music with six or so bookmarks. Is this a use of sessions? :-?
    Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 1G, 250G Drive, Apple Cinema Display, MorphOS 3.1 registered, MacOS 10 PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 80G Drive,........Waiting
    PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 40G MorphOS 3.1 unregisterd
  • »18.04.10 - 02:48
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    mobydick
    Using sessions, you can save your current configuration of open tabs and windows of OWB. Example: you have two tabs and you have to turn off you computer. It's not necessary to make new bookmarks for open pages. Simply save session before quit. Next time you start OWB, you can load this session with saved pages.
    Pegasos II/G4@1GHz, 1 GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9
    Efika MX Smartbook, Ubuntu 12.04
    peguser.narod.ru
  • »18.04.10 - 09:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    And there are also options to save session automatically, so that you can recover from a crash/reboot or whatever.
  • »18.04.10 - 12:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Thanks to amiga-news.de, I've just seen the latest screenshots of your development version. Man, you can never stop, right?!

Most of them are screenshots of preference settings, which make very clear that it seems impossible to think about a feature you haven't thinked about already.

Particularly mind blowing is the script manager function, something that seems to make the user able to alter the actual content of certain pages as if they were tailor made for the user!

Now, stop fooling us Fabien, and recognize publibly that you are not a single person, and have an army of coders at your command, just like the teams which make those "Firefox" and "Internet Explorer" browsers.

Seriosly - MorphOS Team: NO COMPETITION!
  • »07.05.10 - 08:20
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > just like the teams which make those "Firefox" and "Internet Explorer" browsers.

Fab's work is utmost stunning, yes. But I don't think that's a fair comparison because Fab doesn't develop the WebKit rendering engine himself.
  • »07.05.10 - 12:24
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @JcMarcos

Nah, I'm alone, but like Andreas said, i'm "slightly" helped by the army of webkit coders who do all the actual engine work. :)
    My work is mostly about porting a couple components and developing the GUI to make it a bit more useful than a single HTML viewer.

About the script thing, it's indeed its purpose (it's comparable to GreaseMonkey extension for FireFox, except it doesn't implement GreaseMonkey specific calls). But you can still find several compatible scripts like the youtube one shown in these screenshots.
  • »07.05.10 - 13:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

Fab doesn't develop the WebKit rendering engine himself.

Sure, I knew. The rendering engine is truly wonderful, and the most important part of any browser. But still, Fabien adds huge value in his MorphOS version. Maybe it's the best Origyn on any platform?
  • »07.05.10 - 15:31