CD's/DVD's with files not accesible problem under MorphOS 2.
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Hi,

I experience the problem, that I can't copy files from an CD or DVD to the hd because there are 2 identical files, one I think is the icon file and the other is the image, on the CD or DVD and only the icon file (if it is such) gets copied! This is really annoying because more or less all CD's or DVD's I receive which were burned on an mac (or even on other systems?) aren't correctely or not at all readable and one has to find a peecee to recover the files!

As I already notified this problem aver a year ago, I wonder if there is really nothing that could be done to correct this problem? Or did I miss something and perhaps I don't know how to get this to work...

Regards

Christoph
  • »13.01.10 - 10:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Try it with DirectoryOPUS or directly (Shell).......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »13.01.10 - 11:26
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    It's a problem with the Mac software, I believe I answered this in another thread (I'm sure Andreas will find it for you ;) ), either way the answer basically was that it cannot be worked around in the MorphOS CDFS without a major rewrite (which is not likely to happen for 2.x).

You may want to try some other CDFS and see if that makes a difference though.

- CISC
  • »13.01.10 - 13:26
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I'm sure Andreas will find it for you ;)

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5732&forum=9

Without being challenged I wouldn't ever have searched ;-)
  • »13.01.10 - 20:33
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    @ CISC

thanks for your feed-back about this. I remebered your last answer about this, though this is really annoying! CDVDFS 1.4 seems not to work anymore under MorphOS 2.4 :-( so I always have to find a peecee to recover the files and beleive me I receive quite a lot of those CD's or DVD's with doubled file names.

Well, it seems that there is still not solution then :-(

Regards

Christoph
  • »14.01.10 - 07:02
    Profile Visit Website