FryingPan issues...
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    I just registered FryingPan and have come across a couple oddities:

1. Sometimes FryingPan will simply refuse to write a disc when I press 'Write.' This is on a MacMini. I found (it worked better at least once) to pull the files from a source other than the harddrive (USB, RAM). Maybe the MacMini's IDE bus isn't smart enough to handle HD access and CD-R burning.

2. The online manual is out of date: Can someone tell me how to change the name of the disc from CD-ROM to something more descriptive? What does the button "Masterize CD" mean?

3. FryingPan works flawlessly on Amithlon.

TJH
  • »12.01.10 - 00:04
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Sometimes FryingPan will simply refuse to write a disc when I press 'Write.' This
    > is on a MacMini. I found (it worked better at least once) to pull the files from a source
    > other than the harddrive (USB, RAM). Maybe the MacMini's IDE bus isn't smart enough
    > to handle HD access and CD-R burning.

Probably related to that:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6798&forum=11
  • »12.01.10 - 00:20
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    Yes, I read that thread first and wondered if it was related to my problem. Using a USB harddrive seemed to fix the problem (but I've only tested it with one CD-R, and it worked).

TJH
  • »12.01.10 - 00:27
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    to change the burning disc name can be made by clicking on the bottom right (popup) button, and on the second page (of the popped window) :)

bye, MarK.
  • »12.01.10 - 06:07
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dake
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Sometimes FryingPan will simply refuse to write a disc when I press 'Write.' This
    > is on a MacMini. I found (it worked better at least once) to pull the files from a source
    > other than the harddrive (USB, RAM). Maybe the MacMini's IDE bus isn't smart enough
    > to handle HD access and CD-R burning.

Probably related to that:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6798&forum=11

I didnt have any problem when writing the data, the problem where actually when finalization the disk.

[ Edited by dake on 2010/1/12 12:22 ]
  • »12.01.10 - 11:18
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    Thanks for the tip! I thought I'd clicked on every gadget in the GUI before asking the question. Even after your answer, I had to look twice to find it!

Thanks again,

TJH
  • »12.01.10 - 21:14