CED on MorphOS 2.4
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    osco
    Awhile back I backed up my Amiga Forever set up on a windows laptop..I copied it on a USB stick.
    MorphOS can access the USB stick to a point. In one of the drawers was an Icon for CED.. Clicking on it brought the application up and working to a point.. I had many Arexx scripts in the "S" directory which CED saw ...but opening the file produced and empty page? Is it a path problem...maybe look into the CED preferences?

Osco seen trudging into the cave again :-?
    Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 1G, 250G Drive, Apple Cinema Display, MorphOS 3.1 registered, MacOS 10 PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 80G Drive,........Waiting
    PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 40G MorphOS 3.1 unregisterd
  • »20.11.09 - 03:15
  • MorphOS Developer
    Krashan
    To make ARexx scripts working, copy also rexxsyslib.library and overwrite the one located in MOSSYS:Libs.
  • »20.11.09 - 04:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Krashan wrote:
    To make ARexx scripts working, copy also rexxsyslib.library and overwrite the one located in MOSSYS:Libs.

Might be a better suggestion to rename the MorphOS rexxsyslib.library file with an _OLD extension and then copy the rexxsyslib.library file from your AmigaOS3.x disk, or CD to the MOSSYS:Libs directory.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »20.11.09 - 07:02
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    @Krashan & amigadave:

Double-fail. ;)

Do not put the original rexxsyslib.library in MOSSYS:Libs/, but rather in SYS:Libs/ and rename/delete the one in MOSSYS:Libs/.

The reason for this is simple; the next time you update MorphOS MOSSYS: will be replaced, thus if you put it in SYS:Libs/ all you have to do is rename/delete the one in MOSSYS:Libs/ again...

Anyway, I think osco's problem was something else, he complained opening a file turned up empty; not running an ARexx script. I'm not sure what the issue is, but AFAIK CEd works just fine in MorphOS 2.4 (though there is a native version available for owners of CEd (I don't know if the patch applies to osco's version however)), it's possibly a configuration issue (same color on the text as the background)?

- CISC
  • »20.11.09 - 07:20
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @ amigadave & Krashan

Like CISC said, never copy anything to MOSSYS! Just delete the rexxsyslib.library located there and put your original one into sys:libs. This way, when updating MorphOS to 2.5, IWizard will NOT write MOSSYS:Libs/rexxsyslib.library when it detects one in sys:libs.
  • »20.11.09 - 08:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Here is a full and free CED for MorphOS. Patches are only for 68k version.

http://aminet.net/text/edit/ced_mos_ppc_upd422.lha
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »20.11.09 - 09:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > full and free

"You need a properly installed MorphOS release as well as the original CygnusED 4 CD to install the PowerPC port"
  • »20.11.09 - 12:55
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Don't install it then :). Just copy CED.elf to your favourite place and run it.
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »20.11.09 - 14:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    osco
    Solved :) changed a setting from workbench setting to global dispays
    ty
    al
    Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 1G, 250G Drive, Apple Cinema Display, MorphOS 3.1 registered, MacOS 10 PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 80G Drive,........Waiting
    PowerBook (5,8) 1.67Hz, 2G, 40G MorphOS 3.1 unregisterd
  • »20.11.09 - 20:08