• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    @amigadave

Quote:

sorry you were not understood with your first post. I for one am not interested in your art project that is only intended to make some money for your profit, but hope it all goes well for you.

Do you really think that you could actually make profit from such project? You would have to sell it for such an high price nobody would buy it anyway. If you have some extra bucks at the end to buy a bottle coke and some German baumkuchen you can call it a huge success.

Quote:

I also don't understand your repeated displeasure, in this thread and others, when members here use abbreviations for MorphOS and the MorphOS Team. I could see you not wanting abbreviations used on other sites, or in any advertising or promotional materials, web articles, but is it really a big deal for members here to use MOS instead of having to type out MorphOS, or MOSTeam instead of typing out MorphOS Development Team, or MorphOS Team, here on these forums? After all, we all know what is meant by those commonly used abbreviations.

I often hear the words promotion here. The first rule of promotion for a product is to write the product's name properly. Simply as that.

For a longer explanation: If people get used to write things wrong they will do it constantly, also when it will cause confusion. Outside people who might read wouldn't know that "MOS" means "MorphOS" in such case. F.ex. fellow MorphOS user amix was talking in the general #OpenTTD user channel about "MOS" and caused some serious confusion for the other (Non-MorphOS-and-Non-Amiga-) users there. A quick look on Google with the search term "MOS" quickly will reveal too, that "MOS" is a highly ambiguous acronym. It can practically mean *anything*.

And yes; I might be over-pedantic here, but like you I'm also interested in promoting MorphOS as good as possible; but that works only when done properly, IMHO. And yes; if people write "MOS" or "MOSTeam" (which really looks ugly even not considering the "MOS" facts) it triggers something, causing me to point out that it's written wrong, leading to such long replies like this very one here (in the end that greatly reduces the time I could spend on actual coding something for MorphOS :-) ).

Tell me, why is it so hard to write four letters more? :-)

Quote:

I am afraid that I am becoming a PITA for some of the MOSTeam members, and that is the last thing I would want to become. So, please accept my apologies in the spirit intended.

Whoever that MOSTeam is. ;-) (it really sounds like the name of some team of German apple juice makers :-D )

(Don't get me wrong, I don't really care if you or someone else wants to write it wrong; but I like to point it out anyway. ;-) )

regards,
    tokai
  • »09.11.09 - 21:47
    Profile Visit Website