Help context sensitive
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Hi,

it seems that in most cases pressing the help key doesn't open the help file (often a guide file)
    at all but only opens an empty Multiview. I tried this e. g. with Apdf, or MMKeyboard, or Meridian, or
    R...

then if a helpfile opens, I tried this with MUIbase, then it's not context sensitive! It always opens
    on the main page and not on the page related to the context.

Can anyone help/explain to me what I'm doing worng here?
  • »14.04.09 - 07:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    This is on MorphOS 2.2 I presume? You are doing nothing wrong here -- it is MorphOS at fault. It got fixed for 2.2 release but I guess it still is not properly implemented.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »14.04.09 - 14:25
  • rms
    rms
    @ itix

Yes it's MorphOS 2.2!

Well unfortunately it seems not to be properly implemented! Hopefully this will be the case in
    MorphOS 2.3. I submit this info to Steffen Gutmann, the author of MUIbase, because it's with him
    that we are looking to get this right also for MorphOS, as for the other OS's his context sensitive help
    seems to work without problems.

Thanks for your feed-back in this matter.

PS: Do you have any idea when 2.3 will be released?
  • »15.04.09 - 15:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    There is not much what Steffen could do about it since problem really lies in MorphOS and on its amigaguide.library which is not complete rewrite. Only way to get it working is using the original C= amigaguide.library and datatype and use old Multiview from MorphOS 1.

Well, it is my fault really since I wrote that amigaguide.library and new Multiview for MorphOS 2. It probably does not get fixed in time to get into 2.3 release since I currently lack time (I am completing my studies and I have got one month left). Therefore I have not been in contact with the MorphOS team lately and I dont know what is status of 2.3.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »15.04.09 - 21:26
  • rms
    rms
    @ itix

thanks very much for your feed-back!

I will submit this info to Steffen then and well, we have to wait some more...

I wish you much luck for your studies :-)

Regards

Christoph
  • »16.04.09 - 05:22
    Profile Visit Website