• Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @Serge

So it's ftpd... which exists since about 15 years (amitcp) and that still works fine on morphos. OK :)

Quote:

About The system font, I think about the quality rendering with antialiasing fonts. The render is more sharpen and more clear on OS4.
    We can compare both OWB on OS4 and on MOS to see this effect. Unfortunatly, to see very clear text on MOS OWB I need do zoom and I dont zoom under OS4 At the same resolution and the same screen.

Well, if you haven't read OWB's readme, i suggest you do. :)
    In that readme, I strongly advise to *NOT* use the default fonts path i provide. It's just there as a fallback, but these mossys: fonts aren't suited at all for web browsing (and they will look extremely small, for instance). Just use the mscore fonts (which you should have in sys:fonts/_ttf if sputnik is installed). It will look *much* better that way.
    And by the way, OWB doesn't use the "Morphos Font System" at all, at the moment.

Quote:

I never get more than 1GO on my peg working fine.
    I never know Morphos accessing 2GO of ram. Maybe this is a MOS2 improvement. I though during a long time Morphosshould acces only less than 1.5GO.

MorphOS can access 1.5GB atm, I guess 2GB should be doable as well if mapping is moved around a bit (but to be confirmed). But you would have the very same limit if morphos swap memory system was updated to work again with 2.x.
    In any case, there's no point in having virtual memory on this system given the physical ram amount it accepts and its addressable space (and also the fact it may not really bullet-proof like itix suggested).

[ Edited by Fab on 2009/3/1 16:51 ]
  • »01.03.09 - 16:49
    Profile Visit Website