• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
    Quote:

Fab wrote:
    @Serge,

Quote:

Sometimes AmigaOs have some few applications that does not exists on Moprohs ( good FTPserver, X11 application, Samba port with gui long time before morphos, better font system, virtual memory)

Good FTPServer? Which one? The one based on ftpd that probably exists as well or runs just fine emulated on MorphOS?

Better font system? How is it better exactly?

Virtual memory? What's the point of a swap partition on a Pegasos where you do yourself a favour installing 2GB real memory instead of relying on slooow swap memory (and don't forget you can't address more than 2GB ram, swap or not)?

About FTP, OS4 have tftpserver and ftpd which are both on OS4depot and run just fine on OS4.

I never found a server or client working without lot of crashes on Morphos. Maybe it's me hte problem, but I runned scuccesfully this applications on OS4.

AboutThe system font, I think about the quality rendering with antialiasing fonts. The render is more sharpen and more clear on OS4.
    We can compare both OWB on OS4 and on MOS to see this effect. Unfortunatly, to see very clear text on MOS OWB I need do zoom and I dont zoom under OS4 At the same resolution and the same screen.
    I never get more than 1GO on my peg working fine.
    I never know Morphos accessing 2GO of ram. Maybe this is a MOS2 improvement. I though during a long time Morphosshould acces only less than 1.5GO.

I'm according with you, if I can acces 2Go, so I dont need anymore virtual memory for some years.
  • »01.03.09 - 16:23