showgirls recursive scanning ?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    judas
    Hi,
    I really enjoy using showgirls.
    Unfortunately I had to organize my pictures into subdirs, therefore I need to klick a lot to see all pictures.
    Is there a way to make showgirls recursively scan a directory, presenting all pictures within the tree ?

I used egsphotoalbum on Amiga, which worked this way.
  • »02.11.08 - 11:58
  • MorphOS Developer
    kiero
    you don't have to do anything to display picture in next subdirectory. when you reach last picture in dir, sg will ask if you want to display first picture in parent directory. so if you have dir stucture like this:

dir1
    - pic1
    - pic2
    - pic3
    dir2
    - pic1
    - pic2

and you press pagedown when displaying dir1/pic3 it will ask you to display dir2/pic1

another way to display all images from multiple directories is to use image clipboard. just drag main directory into it and let it add all subdirectories. displaying next picture from image clipboard is done with shift+pagedown.

and no, i don't plan to implement tree-like display for now.
  • »02.11.08 - 15:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    judas
    Although it doesn't solve my prob completely ( as my dir structure is somewhat more nestet), this feature makes life a lot easier in most cases.
    ThnX a lot.
  • »02.11.08 - 19:59
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    Hi Kiero

would it be possible that ShowGirls loaded the next pictures (various) while the current one is being shown? 400Mhz feel a little slow when loading 7MPixel images and that would help to reduce that feeling. I used that feature with "FastView" when I had an A500 and that helped a lot (it loaded pictures in the amount of memory you reserved or even used all memory if you allowed the app to do that)

Best regards
  • »05.11.08 - 09:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    kiero
    Remind that to all people claiming there are no applications demanding CPU power on MorphOS. Anyway, this is somewhere on my todo list, just not a high priority. It's fast enough on G4.
  • »05.11.08 - 11:01
    Profile Visit Website