better ASL?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Solo_Kazuki
    I don't know if i'm only one for who this is annoying, but there's problem with ASL. When i must choose something, there's no name visible for devices/drives, because defaut field is too small.

Is there possiblity to add for ASL (and overall, for MUI requesters and lists, e.g. nlist) possiblity of snapshot field sizes?
  • »31.08.08 - 08:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Kamul
    In this case my opinion is exactly the same as Solo_Kazuki. Is there someting which makes it impossible to add working snapshot gadget?
  • »31.08.08 - 09:04
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Quote:

Solo_Kazuki wrote:

Is there possiblity to add for ASL (and overall, for MUI requesters and lists, e.g. nlist) possiblity of snapshot field sizes?

I agree...
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »03.09.08 - 13:59
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    This is a small hint for MOS Team programmers.

Code:
    DoMethod(Wi_aslwinobj, MUIM_Window_Snapshot, TRUE);

wi_aslwinobj have to have MUIA_Window_ID set to a non NULL value to allow snapshot method to work.

And now only you need to do is to compile ;)
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »04.09.08 - 22:53
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @r-tea

don't you think they would know that? :)
    But anyway, that's not the issue here. ASL windows can perfectly be snapshot (position, dimensions, and also icons sizes/columns order and hidden/shown state/... on a per-directory basis). But the previous posts mention the unability to snapshot the columns widths.

With current mui list class, it's just not possible to retrieve/set this information. It might come at some point though.
  • »05.09.08 - 03:21
    Profile Visit Website