Poseidon, MOS 2.0 and my tablet
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Recently i've been trying to get my Trust TB-1100 tablet to work with my Efika.
    When i plugged it in Poseidon said it's a HID class device (OK), but as i tried to move the stylus over the tablet it turned out that i'm limited to a tiny box in upper left corner of a screen.
    I guess it has something to do with Poseidon settings for my device, but i don't know what to change. One thing that drew my attention is that when i set the "track incoming events" the maximum values i get when moving the stylus to the lower right part of the tablet is 1999 (for X) and 1499 (for Y), while in "Usage items" for "Stylus (Digitizer)" max values are set to 12000 for both X and Y.
  • »18.08.08 - 07:05
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Not exactly sure what happens for you there. Those max/min values depend on the size of the tablet I think. Anyway.. you could try to experiment with 'Clip' and 'Scale' options on the incoming values to see if it can make a difference.

I attached my Wacom today (actually I was a bit surprised it was detected at all in the first place ;-) ) and everyting seemed to work fine out-of-the-box.

Here a picture, maybe it gives some helpful hints:

Embedded image

regards,
    tokai
  • »20.08.08 - 11:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Well... I guess I was fiddling with wrong values. Scale gives nothing, and so does Clip... as long as it's not in range 0-15%. After pushing some sliders, (and after a dozen of Poseidon crashes) it turned out that the values that more or less cover the workspace of my tablet are 0-17% (for X) and 0-12% (for Y) - with "stretch" option marked. What is more interesting, the ratio of 2000:12000 is 16,67% , and 1500:12000 is 12,5% (so, more or less 17:12).

Thank you for your help. Real shame that I happen not to have this "especially supported" Wacom series tablet (no [Wacom Support] in "Reports and collections" here), but I'm glad it works.
  • »20.08.08 - 22:02