NetStack Problem
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    ThePlayer
    Hi i have a Problem with NetStack it need up to 20 sec. to start the service. After boot when i start right away Sputnik i got the massage: "Need Version 0 of bsdsocket.library" when start Sputnik 15 sec. after boot there is no such problem, the same for IB2.4 or WetterNG. I have reinstalled MOS2 to a Formated partition and with a clean install it's the same. And by the way i use a DSL-Router that is allways online, and under MOS1.4.5 i didn't had that problem.
    Has anyone a hint?

[ Edited by ThePlayer on 2008/7/27 9:00 ]

[ Edited by ThePlayer on 2008/7/27 9:02 ]
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 running UWQHD Resolution
  • »27.07.08 - 08:44
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    Have you tried to give your Peg a static IP? Maybe it's a problem of using DHCP.
  • »27.07.08 - 09:09
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    ThePlayer
    With static ip's it's now about 5 sec. faster but still needs about 10 sec.
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 running UWQHD Resolution
  • »27.07.08 - 09:45
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    @ The Player

I also use a static IP and I do not have your problem at all, it connects right away! Perhaps it could be your dial-up account?

Hi all,

here perhaps some usefull infomrations for anyone who uses Netstack for the internet (from MorphOS 2.1) together with Envoy3 for LAN.

After a lot of trying several solution and testing and testing and testing I finally got it working the following way:

I set-up netstack with a fixed IP, e.g. 192.168.1.25, netmask 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.1.1

I switched off "eth1"

Under "Hosts and DNS" I entered "Pegasos5" under the Hostname and I entered for the primary, secondary and tertiary domain name server the ip's that I've got from my internet provider for dial-up.

Then under "Hosts" in Prefs I entered a new line with 192.168.2.25 for the ip and Pegasos5 for the name and P5 for the Alias.

Now in Envoy3 as Host Name I have P5 and as Owner Name PEGASOS5. Under Device configuration I have as IP Address 192.168.2.25, as subnet mask and address = default, as IP Type 2049 and as ARP Type 2055.

2 Files reside in WBStartup: Accounts Manager Start.info and Services Manager Start.info

Now here was the problem, when I mounted another Pegasos permanently and the mountfiles reside in System:Devs/DOSDrivers then I always got an Envoy error after reseting the Pegasos: "Could not connect to Host (and then the Hostname) and then a Mount error "Please insert volume (and then de Volume name which should be mounted as per mountfile in DOSDrivers.

When I tried to mount manually after a restart then I got an import error "Attempt to issue c:Mount command failed"

Then I think I fould a solution which seems to work: I entered a line in the user-startup:

mount <>NIL: System:Storage/DOSDrivers/P1-P1-Storage

I tested copying files from a mounted LAN partition to the local HD and get 5 MB/sec, also deleting, rename opening eith several programs, all seem to work.

Perhaps this infos are usefull for some :-)

I have a question though: can anyone explain the differences and when to use which, of:

<>NIL: either before or after the file name?
    or >NIL: either befor or after the file name?
  • »24.09.08 - 07:29
    Profile Visit Website