• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    skipp604
    I just downloaded SMBFS from Aminet and it took me less than 5 minutes to get it working on MorphOS 2.1, Efika and my WinXP PC connected to one router.

I shared a folder on the PC side and mounted SMBFS with a single CLI line and it works perfectly.

For me, that's enough, I don't need a full Samba install - I just want to see one shared folder on my Ambient desktop - and it works just like that. The only problem I have is that doesn't run when started from S:User-Startup, but when launched from CLI after Ambient is loaded (with the same command) - it's all OK. I'm guessing it takes some time for TCP/IP stack to start and SMBFS starts too early to detect it correctly (althought it's the last line in my User-Startup).

Link to smbfs: http://aminet.net/comm/tcp/smbfs.lha

PS. Just one more thing: does anyone know how to configure SMBFS to use multiple shared folders (on WinXP side)? I mean, my machine, network name "WINXP" for example has two shared folders: one "Music" and one "Download". As far as I know, i need to provide specific shared folder when starting smbfs, in this case it would be something like that:

Code:

run >NIL: smbfs workgroup=MSHOME user=PCGuest service=//WINXP/Music Volume=Music

or

run >NIL: smbfs workgroup=MSHOME user=PCGuest service=//WINXP/Download Volume=Download

That works fine, but I have to start a separate smbfs for each shared folder on PC side.

I cannot start smbfs just by using service=//WINXP -
    I also tried using //WINXP/all as an argument, but it didn't work ("Cannot connect to server (5, Input/output error)")...

Can anyone help?

[ Edited by skipp604 on 2008/11/28 7:28 ]
    bplan Efika 5200B, ATi Radeon 9250 / 256 MB, MorphOS 2.4
  • »28.11.08 - 08:00
    Profile Visit Website