MPlayer not quite working on Efika
  • Just looking around
    STKD
    Having some strange issue with Mplayer. Upon running it and selecting a video file, it then plays the file, displays video for perhaps 2-3 seconds and then the playback picture just never changes. Tried it with a dozen files of various sizes and types and every one does the same thing.

Of course due to the lack of sound (which I cannot wait for them to fix!) I can't even tell if the video is still playing and just the playback picture is frozen... well, has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a known alternative or solution?
  • »10.07.08 - 12:26
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    As Tokai said, w/o sound MPlayer plays just fine on the Efika. I tried various vids and they were replayed good enough. When sound is enabled I shared your observation (Mplayer hangs) on the Efika, on the Peg it's obviously a different thing - there it just works.

[ Edited by Zylesea on 2008/7/10 13:57 ]
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »10.07.08 - 13:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    STKD
    Yep, you're both quite right. It plays fine without audio. Makes me wonder which other apps/games I see freezes in might be caused by audio. Can't wait for that update.
  • »10.07.08 - 15:55
  • Just looking around
    I'm all for MPlayer. I use it on my MAC as much as I can, but I have had unreliable operation to date. I can only hope it gets better with time. Good luck.
  • »10.07.08 - 17:47
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    mplayer unreliable on MAC?

About this issue, mplayer does check audio allocation, so something else must happen since audio access is granted (i guess it uses filesave mode or so). Anyway, until efika audio driver is available, -ao null is the way. :)
  • »10.07.08 - 17:54
    Profile Visit Website