guruman
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Urgent request!

I really need a list of compatible programs to install on my EFIKA which I am going to use to demonstrate MorphOS2.1 at the AmiWest show next weekend. I have a friend that is coming to my house on Thursday that can help me get everything packed to take on the trip and can also help install and test software on the EFIKA.

Emulators: a couple that performs nicely on the Efika is snes9x and GenesisPlus. BasiliskII, too, for Mac Classics. Here everything depends on which SW you have access to.
    GFX: grab Blender 2.46 (you'll need also Phyton to install it, and then you should download some example files/scenes from the Blender site, too, so that you can just open a ready project). You should find also the old Cinema4D for 68k Amigas, it was released on some coverdisk, and works nicely. For 2D, download TVPaint, it has been released, and PerfectPaint. Of course mplayer and copy some videos (maybe even install Tubexx to download them from YouTube). ShowGirls and Sketch are already on your SYS: partition, and are pretty nice indeed. For vectorial drawing, give a try to SteamDraw.
    Internet: Sputnik is already there, IBrowse works, SimpleMail and YAM too, SabreMSN and PolyGlot, too... AmiTradeCenter.
    Audio: AmigaAMP (68k version) - it's very nice to mix plugins for 68K, PowerUp and WarpUp and show them working simultaneously-, AmiNetRadio and its plugins and players, SongPlayer... If you have some time to download it and set it up, the good old DeliPlayer works using the 14bit noteplayer by Chris Hodges (you have to setup the Genies, chose this one as favourite and disable Paula).
    A few games: blitzquake and glquakemos by kiero are pretty fast on the Efika. Download and install the WiprOut demo (don't forget to install Goa3D and lowlevel, you can find them among the contributions in MorphOS itself). Homeworld is very nice if you have it on the PC (you need the original game installed on a PC). Also the good old 68k DynAMIte. You can easily get hold of the Payback demo as well... And of course Virtual Grand Prix 2.

Happy installing/testing. I'm sure there's more but these were the first things to spring to mind (and I tested most of them also on my Efika, so I know they are going to work).

Kind regards,
    Andrea
  • »14.10.08 - 01:02