MorphOS-TAN 1.4.5, Aros-TAN, MorphOS-Chan 2.0
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Hello Girls & Boys...

I am just writing this thread to inform all of you, that now we have our official TAN Mascot. :-D

Here are MOS-Chan 1.4.5 (on the left, with blue seifuku japanese school uniform and butterfly wings) holding Amiga Boingball (a memento of her Amiga Legacy), in the center there is AROS-TAN (the girl with white-platinum hair), and MorphOS-TAN 2.0 is the cute little girl on the right of the image holding AROS-Kitty black cat, and Amy the Squirrel (in her appearance as animal) is sitting on her head (sort of two Little Tributes to Eric Schwartz, who created first Amiga mascot Amy the Squirrel, and AROS mascot as furry ladies) and there are MophOS Butterflies from the MOS logo posing on MOS2.0 hair.

MOSchan-AROS-MOS2-Final.jpg

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/MOSchan-AROS-MOS2-Final.jpg

Now all Alternative Amiga-TANs could join their sister Amiga-Sama who already existed.

normal_miggy.jpg

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?pid=6807&fullsize=1

Credits:

Miggy-San original TAN design was made by C-Chan.
    The image of Amiga-TAN (a.k.a. Amiga-Sama, a.k.a Miggy-San) on attention, that I shown you is from author Alfamille who used the original Amiga-TAN design by C-Chan.

MOS-Chan 1.4.5 (a.k.a. MorphOS-TAN, a.k.a. MOS-TAN), AROS-TAN and Chibi-MorphOS-TAN 2.0 were drawn with Inkscape vector drawing program by C-Chan.

Original design of MorphOS-TAN 1.4.5 and MOS 2.0 its mine... (Thank you for any appreciation).

AROS-TAN is a creation by author Bella: She has white hair upon the rendition of white hair of AROS-Kitty by Eric Schwartz.

Idea and drawing of MOS2.0 as chibi girl (little girl), starting from my original design of adulescent MOS2.0 girl dressed with Battlesuit are totally creation by C-Chan.

For Any information about OS-TAN movement and internet phenomenon see Wikipedia: :-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS-tan

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2008/6/19 23:10 ]

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2008/6/19 23:36 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »19.06.08 - 22:55
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    Bello! Bello! Complimenti! :-) E grazie!!
    E speriamo sia di ottimo auspicio (..o come sono forbito..!) non solo per l'uscita di MorphOS 2.0 (imminente..?!?), ma anche per tutti coloro il cui spirito ? rimasto amighista... nonostante tutto! ;-)

P.S: Lo sfondo mi ricorda qualcosa... Avevo sentito di un paesino sommerso.. Ma non ricordo dove. Cercher?..
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »20.06.08 - 10:42
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Very cute! :-)

(A small note however, that unlike the other OS symbols like butterflies etc, the red/white checkered ball is actually a registered trade mark. Use with caution!)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »20.06.08 - 10:47
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Cute, indeed. Background image doesn't fit well though :).
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »20.06.08 - 14:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    Very cute! :-)

(A small note however, that unlike the other OS symbols like butterflies etc, the red/white checkered ball is actually a registered trade mark. Use with caution!)

Well, usually Manufacturers of computers and Operating System have a very special attention for their users (and evangelists)... and if their logos are used in free fanart (which is a sort of no profit), then they close an eye on it.

P.S. Check the number of the squares in this boingball...

The number of squares in registered boingball is very precise (8x8 at its diameter, if I remember well)... All other checkered boingballs does not match any trademark and are free of use.

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2008/6/20 14:27 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »20.06.08 - 14:13
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Quote:

Korni wrote:
    Cute, indeed. Background image doesn't fit well though :).

Dunno... C-Chan choosed it...

It is a submerged bell tower.

(If I remeber well, it is a town submerged because of it was built a dam, and then the town was evacuated, and the flood submerged all buildings except the tower).

Personally it remembers me the Bell Tower of Lupin III Anime Movie "Castle of Cagliostro", so it is not that bad.

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2008/6/20 14:34 ]
  • »20.06.08 - 14:21
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    @ Raf:
    you remember well: it's Resia lake, near Bolzano (Trentino Alto Adige). Two little town was submerged: Resia and Curon, between 1949/50. As usual, a bunch of strange legends... Ehm... Ok.. Indiana Jones syndrome... :-)
    Quit
    Ciao
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »20.06.08 - 15:54