MMKeyboard help
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    I have one of those little PS/2 keyboards with multimedia keys, and want to make use of these. I was surprised that MorphOS already recognizes some "standard" multimedia keys, like "MEDIA_PLAY", "VOLUME_UP", and so, but I wanted more.

I came accross Guido Mersmann's MMKeyboard 3.26, which looks fantastic. I installed it with no problem, and checked that it worked by making it eject the CD tray with the F11 key. Cool!

The problem is that I can't define a new keyboard.
    As the guide says, all I have to do is open the keyboard editor window, press a multimedia key, and then the key code will come up. But it doesn't.
    What's wrong? I remember that, just before this, I entered maker and model in the fields at the top. Could this have confused the program?
  • »06.05.08 - 08:19
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    needs 2.0 to fully work. should be written somethere in the manual. MorphOS 1.4 can only use a few multimedia keys which could be mapped to the cdtv key slots.
  • »06.05.08 - 18:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

tokai wrote:

Needs 2.0 to fully work.

DOH!

So, the handling of keyboard is different in MorphOS 2.0? Does it have a new interface, in order to get every key, even if they aren't supported by the system?
    It would be fun trying to add this 2.0 functionality alone to a MorphOS 1.4.5 setup, but I guess it has further dependencies, that make this impossible. Or...?

Quote:

should be written somethere in the manual.

Not that clear: I remember having red something like ">=1.4.5", not as you stated. What a pity.

Quote:

MorphOS 1.4 can only use a few multimedia keys which could be mapped to the cdtv key slots.

I didn't realize that extra keys because of CDTV, how cool. Were these new keys supported by previous AmigaOS releases?
  • »07.05.08 - 07:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Quote:

So, the handling of keyboard is different in MorphOS 2.0? Does it have a new interface, in order to get every key, even if they aren't supported by the system?

Not different, just better with more possibilities.

Quote:

It would be fun trying to add this 2.0 functionality alone to a MorphOS 1.4.5 setup, but I guess it has further dependencies, that make this impossible. Or...?

You can't. Just get yourself a copy of MorphOS 2.0 as soon it is out and the problem solves itself.

Quote:

I didn't realize that extra keys because of CDTV, how cool. Were these new keys supported by previous AmigaOS releases?

Well.. since CDTV/ CD32 times I guess. ;)

regards,
    tokai
  • »07.05.08 - 11:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Yes, as Tokai already mentioned, MMKeyboard needs MorphOS V2.0 to support all keys.

MorphOS 1.4.5 only support the so known CDTV extensions.

For more information on this refer to the manual by pressing help key in preferences window.

Geit
  • »07.05.08 - 13:21
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

tokai wrote:

get yourself a copy of MorphOS 2.0 as soon it is out

Teehee...

http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/morphos-2.0-sneakpreview_01.mov
  • »07.05.08 - 13:25
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

geit wrote:

For more information on this refer to the manual by pressing help key in preferences window.

Which leads me to say that your programs usually have a lot more polishing than many others: In the case of MMKeyboard alone, it works as a fully legal commodity, has a very good installer procedure, and online documentation that is actually binded to the program. A lot more than the usual single executable thrown away...

I sent you an email a couple of hours ago, about other subject: Is there any report of your "PowerDev Meeting 1"? I believe MorphOS 2.0 was shown there again, in its most mature state so far. But also, there were MPC5121E, MPC8610 and ColdFire boards! Too hot to miss it!
  • »07.05.08 - 13:31
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > "PowerDev Meeting 1"

It was number 2 in fact. Number 1 was this: https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5736&forum=3
  • »08.05.08 - 23:30
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

It was number 2 in fact.

Correct. Guido had it numbered as one in his homepage, and that confusion got through me too.
  • »09.05.08 - 07:37