• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Tronman
    Ben is absolutely right. MorphOS NEEDS Java if it's ever to be taken seriously in the world. Back in the day, the fact that intent had a Java engine was the ONLY thing that potential partners cared about. No one gave a crap about the VP that Fleecy was all hyped on, even tho it was kind of cool.

My point is that even in 2001, Java was already a big deal, and getting bigger. It hasn't gotten smaller since then. Java and a modern web browser are the two things which allow a modern OS to be useful and survive.

If I had the money, I'd put up a big bounty for firewire drivers so MorphOS could talk to any camcorder made in the last ten years or so, but sadly I don't. I say, if this gentleman wants to spend the money to advance MorphOS, then more power to him! Getting programmers from places where the salary isn't three grand a month per programmer, is certainly not new in Amiga land or any other place, for that matter. Microsoft brings these guys over by the planeload from India. Don't bag on the guy for trying to get it done within his means!

Ben, thanks for advancing this offer into the MorphOS community. Maybe you could get in touch with these guys..

http://www.ringlord.com/people/walrus/amiga/java.html

It looks like they've been working on this for some time, I don't know how MorphOS friendly they are, maybe they just need a machine? I could provide one if that is what's holding them back.

Good Luck!
  • »12.12.07 - 19:14
    Profile Visit Website