• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    koan
    @bendahmon

I didn't ask you to verify anything. I asked you how you would verify you have the money. It's a simple question. If you're offering a job, isn't it quite an important thing ?

Quote:

You can of course write good GUI applications using C and MUI. But how many people do that these days?

I would guess about 100% of MorphOS programmers, because that is the only choice.

I'm happy for you to invest your money in Java. My observation, based on your posts, is that I don't think it will get you what you want.

A Java program won't run as fast as a native program for obvious reasons. You may have noticed we're not exactly overwhelmed with high power hardware at the moment; we've only got PPC Amigas, Pegasos and eventually EFIKA. Clock cycles aren't being wasted.

If you want more GUI programs maybe you should invest in a native implementation of GTK ? However, this is going off course, IIRC MorphOS team did say at one time words to the effect that "MorphOS without MUI was unthinkable". You could have a Java-MUI interface but then you've lost your whole cross platform advantage.

I guess Java would attract more people to develop for the platform, but they would not necessarily actually use Java.

Quote:

Nothing wrong with Apache. Besides that it's not as popular as it used to be.

If you consider IIS gaining a few percentage more users over the last few years then perhaps Apache is less popular but I don't see anywhere near as many Java webservers.

Quote:

It's all Java and .NET in Norway. If you want to live in the past that's fine. Many people don't.

Oh I see, you're putting 2 different topics in the same paragraph. Didn't I say I want Java ?
  • »12.12.07 - 14:50