• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    koan
    Hmmm, reading between the lines a little it's like "I want a very cheap programmer" rather than "I'll pay a reasonable amount".

It's a bit of a silly question IMHO, you really don't want 2 months work towards a 24 month (?) project. The next programmer has to pick up the details of the previous guy's work; unless the first programmer did a very good job at documenting then it's very difficult.

If you were serious you would be asking for programmers available to do the whole job and you would enter a contract with them to supply a finished piece of work at a fixed price. Any sensible programmer would insist on part payment at some verifiable milestones.

So, in lieu of negotiations about the final price, the proper question is how long would it take 2 people to do the port and is anyone interested.

This assumes you are serious. Are you ?

BTW: This is only an observation; personally I am not skilled enough at MorphOS porting and don't have the time.

The idea of setting up a bounty is only good if you can collect the money, generate a specification, have someone manage verification of the work and payment.
  • »07.12.07 - 15:30