Resetting Ambient display options
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Fizzy
    Hi,

Haven't used my pegasosII and morphos for a while, but decided to use it again.

I no longer have the 21" CRT monitor I was using with it before, and now have a 24" Dell TFT screen.

I'm having a few problems. Firstly, on my existing installation the display settings are out of range for the new monitor, so won't display anything. If I boot off my morphos install cd its fine, but in low res. Where are the settings files held for display options on morphos? Would like to copy the settings off the boot cd to get a basic display setup again.

Backed up my existing install onto another drive, and copied the contents of the cd onto the sys drive which works - but obviously overwritten updated files etc. Hence why trying above.

The other thing I have been trying to do it create a new monitor in mode edit for my 1920x1200 tft display. Can't seem to do it, and it doesn't save my monitor settings I enter?

Anybody happen to be using a 1920x1200 tft that could provide suitable settings for morphos for?

Many thanks!
  • »02.12.07 - 19:39
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Fizzy
    Nevermind - sorted it now. Simply renamed the "prefs" folder on my system drive on the HDD, and copied the prefs folder off the cd. Worked a treat.

Obviously had to redo my settings etc but that was easy.

Then created a new screen mode of 1920x1200 using one of the high performance monitor templates, and adjusted the clock slider until it was in a suitable range for my monitor.

Now typing this with IBrowse on morphos on a 1920x1200 24bit screen.

New it would all come back to me eventually. ;)
  • »02.12.07 - 20:59
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    hi there, just delete the screenmode.prefs in ENVARC:sys and then make the new monitor setup... i have setup quite a lot of crts/lcds, and everytime without any troubles, just obtain monitor specification (bandwidth, horizontal/vertical frequency ranges), enter them to the monitor specs, and You won't get those annoying out of range displays anymore... and select some VESA modes, and that's enough for LCD...

bye, MarK.
  • »03.12.07 - 05:52