Format option in Ambient just hangs...
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    winterhunter
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to format a memory stick (which after Windows hanged while reading it now is only recognizable by Windows), but the format GUI in Ambient just hangs (the window opens, but shows the background as its contents).

Last weekend it worked, since I used it to format a SD card (which was not recognized by MorphOS before, and now is). In the meantime, I barely had the time to fire my Pegasos up once, to burn some pics onto a CD.

What can have gone wrong?
  • »16.11.07 - 08:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    C64Days
    This is a problem with latest Ambient nightly builds, retrieve an older compile (also from the same site, there is an archive of older compiles) and try again, i've experienced the same issue with formatting a partition of my hd and solved it this way, i hope its developers do read this thread.
  • »16.11.07 - 13:46
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    I doubt it. Format related classes weren't changed since *ages*.
  • »16.11.07 - 15:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    winterhunter
    I don't think it is related to the build (mine is not so recent). And besides, it USED to work until I formatted that **** (insert your favourite expletive) memory stick.
  • »16.11.07 - 16:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    Will ambient ever be able to snapshot and remember the drawer information of non png icons? (for eg. glowicons)

Dont wont to relace all my drawers, just to snapshot if i want listview or iconview :/
  • »16.11.07 - 16:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    winterhunter
    I've upgraded to the latest Ambient, and the problem remains the same.

What is funny, though, is that Snoopium tells me that Formats locks
    the screen (action=LockScreen ; Target=Workbench).

Is that normal?

For info, I include the Snoopium log:
    [1] [[2] MOSSYS:Ambient/Ambient] [LockScreen] [Workbench] [] [OK]
    [2] [[2] MOSSYS:Ambient/Ambient] [Open] [ENV:MagicWB] [Read] [Fail]
    [3] [[2] MOSSYS:Ambient/Ambient] [Open] [System:MorphOS/Prefs/muigfx/Ghost_Buttons/checkmark_framed.mim] [Read] [OK]
    [4] [[2] MOSSYS:Ambient/Ambient] [Open] [mossys:prefs/muigfx/Ghost_Buttons/checkmark_framed.mim] [Read] [OK]
    [5] [[2] MOSSYS:Ambient/Ambient] [Open] [ENV:MagicWB] [Read] [Fail]
  • »16.11.07 - 16:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

Will ambient ever be able to snapshot and remember the drawer information of non png icons? (for eg. glowicons)

IIRC it should do that but only if the icon already contains drawerdata structure... I recall Ambient does not add missing drawerdata structure on demand.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »16.11.07 - 17:25
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dIGIMAN
    Quote:

itix wrote:
    Quote:

IIRC it should do that but only if the icon already contains drawerdata structure... I recall Ambient does not add missing drawerdata structure on demand.

Mhh ok, will check that,
    maybe all my non png icons dont have a drawerdata strucure.
    Just noticed that it always worked for my png drawers and never for the glowicon ones.

Is it possible to add this?
    I started to like the lister mode but its quite anoying to switch to it, every time u open certain drawers.
  • »16.11.07 - 17:34
    Profile Visit Website